Assisting with event delivery, supplier research & negotiation, attendee logistics management, venue liaison.
Location: UK-based, remote with opportunity to do part time in a co-working space (Ideally London) /or US-based, fully remote
Contract: Fixed Term (2 months)
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
The Event Manager role will be joining the Esports Awards Events & Operations team to assist with the delivery of the festival events across the Esports Awards weekend. They will be responsible for leading the event management of 2 events across the Esports Awards weekend (a networking breakfast and awards ceremony mixer). The role requires the candidate to hit the ground running, having confidence and taking ownership of all delegated tasks.
The Event Manager Responsibilities
- Event coordination for a behind-closed-doors awards mixer for 300+ attendees and a networking breakfast for 200+ guests. Serve as the main contact for general & day-of event operations for some of the smaller events and event logistics.
- Budget tracking and management for these 2 events.
- Supplier research, cost comparison and negotiation.
- Manage event logistics for attendees.
- Create all relevant event documentation, including guests lists and running orders.
- Supporting the Operations team with administrational tasks in the lead up to events.
- Administrative support during events planning including general events assistance, database management, data checking, proofreading, assisting the production of event collateral, liaising with speakers/sponsors/delegates.
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Acting as an event day lead, managing a team of staff to deliver the event schedule.
- Being an ambassador for the organisation and to uphold our values and ethics when dealing with any stakeholder
- Ability to work under pressure and to be reactive to queries / concerns / problems / incidents.
Experience, skills and personality required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Events/Operations Manager
- Proven experience of leading event delivery.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work quickly from a brief and take initiative.
- Excellent organisational, self-motivational and timekeeping skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail to pick up on errors and typos.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes & Google Drive/Docs/Sheets.
- Flexibility to work with North American clients in their time zone.
- Happy to travel to North America between 3rd-15th December.
Beneficial Experience and Skills
Candidates who have experience in the following would find them beneficial in the role:
- Experience delivering international events, specifically in North America.
- Experience running awards ceremonies is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the esports and gaming industry.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Got you interested?
Please fill out our online application form and attach your CV.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to receiving your application and reading why you consider yourself a great addition to the Esports Awards team!