The opportunity for an ambitious and adept Sales Director to join a well-established organization, working across an exciting and established global entity.
LOCATION: Remote, US Based
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
REPORT TO: Chief Revenue Officer
Purpose of the Role:
Following an exciting period of growth for the Esports Awards, and the launch of two new event properties, The Mobies and Scholars, we are looking to recruit a Sales Director to help us continue to grow revenue and brand partnerships. The successful applicant will quickly establish themselves as the key member of the team working closely with the Revenue, Partnership and Content Teams, with a focus on revenue generation, client relationships, prospecting, CRM management, sales communications and creating unique sponsorship opportunities for brands across our events.
Core sales initiatives will include sponsorships, content and media sales, along with other revenue-generating activities for the Esports Awards. The role requires someone who is confident working independently and has the ability to facilitate a sponsorship deal through the sales cycle. It is critical the successful candidate can build and sustain long term relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will control and report on all sales activity on a weekly basis.
The Sales Director is responsible for managing the sales and revenue process across an established territory and client list. They will be responsible for achieving and exceeding revenue goals across all events, and serve as primary POC for potential clients and partners.
- Establish Sales Targets and create strong revenue pipeline
- Develop Strong relationships with Clients/Agencies
- Create Sales Packages to achieve client KPIs
- Pipeline Management
- CRM Reporting
On top of this, there may be other duties and tasks from time to time that require support, these will be in line with the role’s core duties and provide an opportunity to be involved in tenders and proposals that support and develop the business.
- 5-10 years of sales or media agency experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong experience in media and sponsorship sales
- History of consistently reaching sales goals/targets
- Creative thinker with ability to build strategic partnerships with clients
- Ability to work quickly cross-functionally across departments
- Excellent organizational skills
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel
- A passion for and a keen understanding of the gaming and esports worlds
Key Skills and Accountabilities
- Owning the business development and lead generation process.
- Maintain active pipeline of revenue leads across three event properties
- Identify areas of revenue growth from the existing clients
- Develop new business opportunities and partnerships
- Negotiating through the sales process towards the closure of a sale
- Ensure customer records and sales activity are recorded on the database at all times
- Effective use of CRM
- Weekly reporting to the CRO
- Working with the partnership and marketing departments to meet or exceed client expectations
- Overseeing contract fulfilment and payments
- Hands-on/ can-do approach/ attitude
Package and Perks:
- Competitive Salary & Commission Structure
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
Got you interested?
Please fill out our online application form and attach your CV.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
We’re looking forward to receiving your application and reading why you consider yourself a great addition to the Esports Awards team!