ESPORTS AWARDS & VERIZON GIVEAWAY #2
The Sweepstakes is organized by Esports Awards Ltd (ESA), a company registered in England, mailing address of Belfry House Champions Way, Hendon, London, England, NW4 1PX.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up on the Esports Awards official extension (the “Extension”) and who are legal residents of the United States aged 18 or above as of the date of entry. Employees of ESA and Verizon (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of ESA and Sponsor, as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 13, 2022 (12.13.2022) at 6:00 PM PT and ending on December 13, 2022 (12.13.2022) at 10:00 PM PT. All online entries must be received by December 13, 09:59 PM PT.
Once you have registered on the Extension, visit the Extension “Battle Poll Lobby,” select the qualifying battle poll which you intend to enter, and follow the provided instructions to complete and submit the applicable Sweepstakes entry form (the “Entry”). The Sweepstakes will be conducted among and between all eligible Entries received during the corresponding Entry Period. Entries must be received before the end of an Entry Period to be eligible for the corresponding Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of ESA and the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes, Entry Periods, Entry Period Start Times, and Entry Period End Times are subject to change at the discretion of ESA and/or the Sponsor.
Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
You may submit only one (1) Entry for each Battle Poll. Multiple Entries received from any person beyond this limit will void all such additional Entries. ESA’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to the Sweepstakes in the Extension. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, suspect, fraudulent, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. “Receipt” of an Entry only occurs when ESA’s servers record an entrant’s registration information and Entry during the corresponding Entry Period. Screenshots, printouts or any other purported “proof” or “evidence” of entry or winning whatsoever, in lieu of ESA’s validation process, shall not be binding under any circumstances. Proof of submission (such as an automated receipt, screenshots, electronic mail, etc.) shall not constitute proof of actual receipt of Entry for purposes of these Official Rules. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account, Google account, or email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of a Facebook account is defined as the person who is assigned to a Facebook account by https://www.facebook.com/. “Authorized account holder” of a Google account is defined as the person who is assigned to a Google account by https://www.google.com/. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Scoring: Entrants will get 1 Entry point for each completed poll answer for the Award category finalist they predict will win, as instructed and provided on the Extension and the Sweepstakes entry page and/or other applicable pages on the Extension.Qualifying Battle Polls are:
- Esports Mobile Game of the Year
- Esports Mobile Player of the Year
- Prizes: Four Winners will be drawn, and each will receive one (1) Verizon-ESA bundle, comprising of:
- One (1) Razer Edge 5G device with a 3-month prepaid 5G data plan
- One (1) 12-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membershipApproximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $1,020.
Total ARV of Sweepstakes: $4,080.
After three months, the prepaid 5G data plan will automatically terminate and the Razer Edge 5G device will revert to Wi-fi only. Thereafter, Winner may choose to activate service on a consumer 5G data plan at their discretion. Winner will be responsible for any activation fees, monthly service fees, taxes and other fees associated with the service, and all terms and conditions of the Verizon Customer Agreement. After twelve months, the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription will automatically terminate. Thereafter, Winner may choose to activate a new Xbox Game Pass subscription at their discretion. By accepting the prize, Winner agrees to Microsoft’s terms and conditions applicable to the Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for ESA and the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Four Winners will be chosen as part of this Sweepstakes. Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor among registered users having a total score of at least 1, subject to verification of eligibility, as determined by ESA & the Sponsor in their sole discretion.
Winners will be notified via email to the email address they registered with within five (5) days following the winner selection. ESA and Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by a winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT ESA’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THAT WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Sweepstakes you understand that ESA, the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of ESA, the Sponsor, or their respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and entrant’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: ESA and Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in their sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, ESA may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ESA. ESA and Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules.
ESA and Sponsor have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may violate criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, ESA and/or Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from ESA and Sponsor. You can opt out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless ESA, Sponsor and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND TEXAS WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, the participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Requests must be received no later than 2022.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Verizon Corporate Services Group Inc., One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership must be redeemed at microsoft.com/redeem by 30th April 2023. Limit: 1 per person/account. Subject to the Microsoft Services Agreement, Game Pass terms and system requirements at: xbox.com/subscription terms. Upon redemption eligible existing gaming membership(s) will upgrade to Ultimate at a conversion ratio.
- Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting the fair market value of the prize; and, winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor relative to its reporting of prize award to the Internal Revenue Service, including provision of his/her Social Security Number in conjunction therewith.