Head of Events
Full event delivery, supplier negotiation and management, venue liaison, event strategy, controlling budgets and online event systems.
Location: Remote (UK) with potential for a London co-working space 2 days a week if London based
Contract: Full Time
Purpose of the Role:
The Head of Events is responsible for the oversight, planning and delivery of all events under the MEGA umbrella with the help of the Operations Team. Events will include the Esports Awards and all MEGA’s subsidiary events, including webinars, networking events, VIP activations, dinners and further award ceremonies.
- Lead event strategy and coordination, taking event briefs and delivering on a yearly schedule of events ranging in sizes from 40 guests to 1000+, including but not limited to, networking events, award ceremonies, VIP trips, black tie dinners, drinks receptions etc.
- Control budgets and expenditure across all events they are responsible for, including forecasting & monthly reporting on budgets worth $500k+ – working with Esports Awards Operations Director and the Finance team.
- Strategize event delivery from start to finish – creating event schedule, plans & deliverables, providing regular reporting to the team on event progression.
- Lead venue liaison for all events.
- Negotiate great value deals – analyse costs and ensure events remain within budget.
- Lead and oversee full event logistics for attendees & staff, including International VIP travel & accommodation plan and guest logistics strategy and all on-the-ground travel requirements.
- Research, create, control and lead online ticketing platforms, surveying systems, WordPress, CRM systems and website management.
- Controlling booking/ticketing system, managing and recording incoming bookings and controlling data collection for event purposes.
- Strategize and optimize processes used within the Esports Awards team for all necessary events.
- Work closely with the partnership team to deliver on all event-based deliverables.
- Lead on event day, managing teams of 20+ event staff and ensuring everything runs smoothly.
- Potential to line-Manage members of the team, performing yearly reviews and assessments.
- Being an ambassador for the organisation and upholding our values and ethics when dealing with any stakeholder
- Ability to work under pressure and to be reactive to queries/concerns/problems/incidents.
This role will play an important part in the growth and profitability of the Esports Awards and MEGA group. The role will be integral in supporting the Operations Director and Senior Operations Manager, taking on more event responsibility as the MEGA brand grows. The position requires an individual to take responsibility within the business, leading in their allocated areas and working closely with team members, demonstrating clear and considered planning, a positive and collaborative attitude, a strong work ethic and a vision of success and growth for the events to ensure they engage and lead within the team to deliver first-class events.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Senior Events Manager/Head of Events/Director role with a strong operational background.
- Proven experience in managing large-scale events with 500+ attendees.
- Ability to run a number of projects from brief level through to completion – requires full management of budgets, concept creation and project planning.
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets of £500k +
- Experienced in the management of people and who can clearly demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate well to teams at all levels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of the live events industry including the procurement and contracting of key suppliers, resources and talent.
- Ability to work quickly from a brief and take initiative.
- Excellent organisational, self-motivational and timekeeping skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail to pick up on errors and typos.
- Experience working on and managing virtual events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes & Google Drive/Docs/Sheets.
- Happy to travel internationally multiple times a year (guaranteed required to travel between Dec 3rd – 15th)
- Flexibility to work with North American clients in their time zone.
Beneficial Experience and Skills:
Candidates who have experience in the following would find them beneficial in the role:
- Experience delivering international events, specifically in North America.
- Experience running awards ceremonies is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the esports and gaming industry.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Package and Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Progression Path
- Opportunity to travel
- Company Pensions Scheme
- Access to employee benefit scheme
- Working Hours: 37.5 Hours
- Holiday: 25 days and bank holidays
- Play in office leagues
- Swag and Merch
Got you interested?
Please fill out our online application form and attach your CV.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
We’re looking forward to receiving your application and reading why you consider yourself a great addition to the Esports Awards team!